Eastern Oregon Real Estate

First-Time Buyers in Northeastern Oregon

Buying is simple with help.

Are you dreaming of buying your first home? The property-buying process might be easier than you think with the right help. Buying property can be somewhat confusing for first-time buyers. The real estate professionals at Valley Realty can provide you with the help and resources you need to purchase your first home. Following these steps can help you feel confident in buying your first home.

Where do you start?

Once you’re ready to take the first step, start looking at financing basics.  You should develop into an educated shopper, and then get pre-approved for your home.
When you buy your first home, making monthly payments probably shouldn’t be an issue. After all, you're already paying rent to your landlord each month. It's coming up with the lump sum needed for a down-payment that may seem impossible. Fortunately, there are options to make buying your first piece of Northeastern Oregon real estate a happy reality.

Programs for first-time buyers. There are first-time homebuyer programs in Oregon as well as Federal Government programs that help first time buyers get into the housing market. Ask us about these options.

Your lender. Your bank or credit union may be able to help as well. Are you debt free and do you own something free and clear like a car? Your lender may lend you the down-payment by securing it against this asset.
Though not always conventional, taking private contracts out with a homeowner is still a possibility. Some sellers are willing to carry the contract themselves and will waive the down payment. You may only have to pay the monthly mortgage installments or they may choose a higher rate for the mortgage payments.

Need financial solutions?

Credit or tax problems. Do you have problems with your credit rating or owe money in taxes? Don’t worry. Buying your first home is still a possibility. Check with your lending institution about options such as paying a higher down-payment.

If necessary, contact a financial advisor or tax resolution service.