Selling your Eastern Oregon Home or Real Estate?
Selling can be a stressful time for anyone. Many sellers lay awake at night wondering when the offer will come, how well they have to clean their house, or will they ever get enough profit from the sale.
* These are all valid concerns but being educated and armed with professionals working hard on your side, you can rest easy knowing we are handling all the details.
As a seller, there are some things you can do ahead of time to prepare the home for listing. You will want to make sure the home is just as presentable as a model home you may tour or visit. Remember, buyers are comparing your home to other similar homes on the market.
Are any special features or things about your home that make it unique? Do you have a great view? A landscaped or fenced back yard? New carpet or counters? What can you advertise about your home that makes it stand out and worth the price tag you are going to put on it?
Your dedicated Valley Realty agent will work solely for you and use every available marketing tool necessary to help advertise and sell your listing. We perform expert CMA research to determine the best price range to list the home. We can also offer tips and tricks to staging and setting the home up for selling success.
A FEW BASIC TIPS
- Do a thorough cleaning or hire professionals.
- Pack away all personal photos, belongings, valuables and collectibles
- Keep all paints and decor neutral and non-gender specific (no floral bedspreads)
- Keep the flow of the house even and easy.
- Balance rooms with furniture positioned evenly
- Update all outdated appliances or features
- Keep the curb appeal smartly dressed and trimmed
- Decorate the outside with complimenting colors to the house
- Keep odors at bay with scented furnace filters, plug ins or neutral spray
- Keep pets out of the house when showing
- Keep emotions neutral not personal.
That last one can be especially difficult. We know you have probably become very attached to your home over the time you have owned it, but when it comes time to sell, you will need to put away your personal feelings and treat this as any other basic transaction. Be flexible with buyers, kind and appropriate and you will be surprised at how easy the transaction will go.
If you have any questions on how to sell or would like a free Market Analysis on your home please feel free to contact us.